【Forwarded】DAAD On-line Lecture-How to write a research proposal and apply for a PhD
Information of Lecture:
Part 1. How to secure a PhD place and a PhD supervisor in Germany
- Searching for a potential PhD place/supervisor, and, once found, understanding the rules for an application.
- Creating a research proposal and a CV to be presented to the potential supervisor/institution.
- Properly contacting the potential supervisor/institution.
Part 2. How to apply for a PhD at Technical University of Darmstadt
- The research opportunities and requirements for a PhD at Technical University of Darmstadt - one of the leading technical universities in Germany.
- The research culture of the university, how to find a PhD supervisor and open positions in one’s research field and which mistakes should be avoided when applying for a PhD.
Information of lecturers:
1. Dr. Reinhard Klein-Arendt
Research Consultant in the Higher Education Sector; Associate Professor, University of Cologne
2. Dr. Angela Müller
Ingenium – Young Researchers at TU Darmstadt