Consent to Provide Personal Data
This consent letter (this "Consent") sets forth how Office of International Affairs, National Chung Hsing University ("OIA, NCHU") will process the personal data collected hereunder.
By ticking the "I agree" box / signing this Consent, you confirm that you have reviewed, understood, and agreed to the terms of this Consent and its amendments. If you are under the age of 20, you cannot use the service until your legal guardian has reviewed, understood, and agreed to the terms of this Consent and its amendments. Nevertheless, you will be deemed to have obtained your legal guardian's consent and agreed to comply with the following terms if you have used the service.
A. Collection, Updating, and Custody of Personal Data
- To practice our duty, we need to collect the personal data, including your name, student ID, Department/Institute, grade year, date of birth, ARC number/passport number, contact information (phone number, address, and email), and related records from you. You are asked to provide the most correct, updated, and completed personal data when you fill out the application. Your rights and interests may be affected if you provide OIA, NCHU with false, outdated, partial, or misleading personal data.
- You may exercise the following rights as regards your personal data in accordance with the Personal Data
Protection Act: (a) inquire or review your personal data; (b) ask for duplicates of your personal data; (c) ask to supplement or correct your personal data; (d) ask to stop collecting, processing or using your personal data; and (e) ask to delete your personal data.
OIA, NCHU may refuse your request(s) in order to perform its duties or conduct its business. OIA, NCHU will not compensate any loss or damage you may sustain from the exercise of such rights.
B. Purposes of Collecting Personal Data
- In order to process your case in OIA, NCHU will need to collect the personal information from you.
- OIA, NCHU will ask for your written consent in advance if your personal data needs to be used for any other purpose. You may refuse to provide your personal data, but you may lose your rights or interests accordingly.
- OIA, NCHU may use your personal data in Taiwan for a period of 5 years commencing from now on the date of submitting your application.
C. Protection of Personal Data
D. Effect of Consent
- By ticking the "I agree" box / signing this Consent, you confirm that you have reviewed, and understood, and agreed to all the terms of this Consent. If you breach any terms of this Consent, OIA, NCHU may terminate all the rights and services given to you whenever it deems necessary.
- OIA, NCHU reserves the right to amend this Consent at any time. OIA, NCHU will post the amendments at its website and will not send a separate notification to you. Do not keep using the service if you object to the amendments. If you continue using the service, you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by the amendments.
- Unless otherwise expressly provided herein, no suggestion or information, neither in written format or orally delivered, that you may obtain in connection with this Consent.
E. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Consent shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of China. Any dispute arising from this Consent shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of China and heard by the Taiwan Taichung District Court.