Work Permit Application
International students who wish to work in Taiwan (either on-campus or off-campus), are required to a work permit before working. Please note that if you hold a job without applying for a work permit, you may be fined NTD 30,000 to NTD 150,000 and ordered to leave the country immediately!
- Exchange students are prohibited from working in Taiwan.
- Online work permit application system
Check for Status
- Go to Status Check of Work Permit Application for Foreign Professionals
- Login with your account and password
- Check the application
- The maximum work hours permitted are 20 hours per week, except during summer and winter vacations.
- According to the Employment Services Act, if you work without a work permit, you will be fined from NTD 30,000 to NTD 150,000 and ordered to leave the country immediately.
- According to the "Regulations on the Permission and Administration of the Employment of Foreign Workers," you can apply for the student work permit only if you are officially enrolled as a degree student in any university in Taiwan.
- You should return the work permit (if valid) to the OIA office if you are suspended or discontinue your education at NCHU.
- For applications made in the first semester, the work permit is valid until March 31st of the next semester; for applications made in the second semester, the work permit is valid until September 30th of the same year. The maximum validity period of a work permit is six months.
- For the complete regulation, please refer to: Ministry of Labor Employment Service Act .