Working Permit Application
International students who wish to work in Taiwan (either on-campus or off-campus), are required to a work permit before working. Please note that if you hold a job without applying for a work permit, you may be fined NTD 30,000 to NTD 150,000 and ordered to leave the country immediately!
Exchange students are prohibited from working in Taiwan.
Online work permit application system
- To apply online for a work permit, create an account on the Workforce Development Agency website and follow the instructions in the manuals to submit an application.
- Website: Work Development Agency EZ Work Permit
- Manuals: 操作手冊的LINK
- "Work Permit" ：If it is your first time applying or your work permit is expired, please select this item.
- "Permit Re-issue" ：If you lose your unexpired work permit, please select this item. To apply online for a work permit, create an account on the Workforce Development Agency website and follow the instructions in the manuals to submit an application.
- For the "Faculty" field in the form, please fill in the FULL department name in Chinese. For the complete Chinese name, please refer to the website of the department or your student ID card.
- Upload the file
(1) Please upload student ID card file (back and front) with this semester register stamp to "Photocopy of student ID card" folder.
(2) Please upload unexpired passport file to "Photocopy of Passport" folder.
(3) Please upload unexpired ARC file (back and front) to "Front and back photocopy of the resident certificate" folder.
(4) Please upload school required document (Consent Form for Work Permit and Certificate of Enrollment of current semester) to “others” folder. If you haven't found a job yet, please also fill in the company you want to work. After you get all stamps from your teacher and department, please upload the document.
Ex. Company：NCHU OIA
Job Title：Research Assistant
- The OIA will inform you by email when they have received your work permit from the Workforce Development Agency.
Checking Application Status
- Go to Status Check of Work Permit Application for Foreign Professionals
- Login with your account and password
- Check the application
- The maximum work hours permitted are 20 hours per week, except during summer and winter vacations.
- According to the Employment Services Act, if you work without a work permit, you will be fined from NTD 30,000 to NTD 150,000 and ordered to leave the country immediately.
- According to the "Regulations on the Permission and Administration of the Employment of Foreign Workers," you can apply for the student work permit only if you are officially enrolled as a degree student in any university in Taiwan.
- You should return the work permit (if valid) to the OIA office if you are suspended or discontinue your education at NCHU.
- For applications made in the first semester, the work permit is valid until March 31st of the next semester; for applications made in the second semester, the work permit is valid until September 30th of the same year. The maximum validity period of a work permit is six months.
- For the complete regulation, please refer to: Ministry of Labor Employment Service Act .