Lab Exchange - Application Information
2023/2024 Fact Sheet
Student who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply for Lab Exchange:
- Full-time undergraduate or graduate students enrolled at NCHU partner institutions (exclude those based in)
- Successfully completed at least 1 year of study at home institution
- Nominated through the Office of International Affairs or equivalent office of the home instiution according to MoU or exchange agreements
Students can choose to stay for one of the following term:
1. Fall Term (September - January)
2. Spring Term (February - June)
3. One Academic Year (September - June)
4. Short visit ( at least 3 months)
1. Tuition waiver (The fees of mandatory insurance and accommodation are not included. Students need to pay both fees by themselves.)
2. Monthly stipend will be offered upon budget availability and qualification of students.
Benefits only apply to the nominees that fall within the agreed quota of the partner university agreement.
- Students who apply fall semester：April 2(of the same year)
- Students who apply spring semester: October 15 (of the previous year)
ONLY for Program Coordinator of partner institute:
Please fill out the NOMINATION FORM before the deadline. Applicants must have an official nomination from their home institution to be eligible for academic exchange application at NCHU.
Application Website (The system will only open during application period.)
**Online Application (The system will open from 6 April to 20 April, 2023).
- Students who apply fall semester：April 6 - April 20(of the same year)
- Students who apply spring semester：October 15 - October 31 (of the previous year)
ONLY for Nominated Student:
After confirming the nomination by partner institutions, we will set up the information of the online application to the nominated student by April 6/October 15. Please complete the ONLINE APPLICATION by this deadline.
1. Application Form
2. Official Certificate of Enrollment issued by the student's home institution
3. Official academic transcripts issued by the student's home institution (must be Chinese or English copy)
4. Two Letters of Recommendation
5. Plan of study (written in Chinese or English)
6. Autobiography (300 to 500 words, written in Chinese or English)
7. Certificate of Proficiency in Chinese/English (optional)
8. Supplementary materials (optional)
Note：Please scan your documents, we do not accept blurred documents, photographs, or screenshots.
Go through the nomination process and the partner institution fills in the nomination form (online).
Nominated students complete all the required documents at the online application.
The application will be reviewed by the University Review Committee, and the result will be made and announced by the end of June/mid-December.
The official admission package will be sent to the Program Coordinator of the partner institutions.
Admitted students need to confirm admission and enter arrival information online.
Contact Info for Short-term Lab Exchange
Yu-Ching (Christina) Cheng