Once You Are in Taichung - Banking & Tax


Necessity of the Saving Account

NCHU requires every staff to open an account with the post office for receiving salary. Besides, post offices in Taiwan also provide money exchange service (available currency: USD, HKD, EUR, JPY, RMB).

Location and Open Hours
The nearest post office from the campus is nearby the Female Dormitory (Guoguang Road).

The office hours: 8:00am to 17:00pm, Monday to Friday.

Required Documents

1. Passport
2. ROC Uniform ID No. Certificate / ARC
3. CRS Self-Certification Form (you can get the form in OIA) 【sample】 
4. Application Form (you can get the form in OIA) 【sample
5. 100 NTD for banking 【sample_ (please fill out the sheet provided by the post office)


Have the listed documents prepared, and head to any post office during the office hour to open an account. 



For any alien providing his/her service in the Republic of China (R.O.C.) and receives income from overseas, individual income tax shall be levied on such incomes (however, this does not apply to an individual not residing in the Republic of China but staying in the Republic of China for a period of not more than ninety days during a taxable year)

1. For an individual who stays in the R.O.C. for over 90 days but less than 183 days, the incomes derived from sources in the Republic of China shall be taxed according to the sources. The taxes for income not subject to withholding or incomes from overseas sources earned through providing services in Taiwan will have to be reported and paid prior to departure or the filing deadline in accordance with relevant regulation.


2. An individual who stays in the R.O.C. for 183 days or longer within a taxable year and the income of the current year has reached the taxable threshold, the individual should fill out an Individual Income Tax Return of the Republic of China and submit it to the National Taxation Bureau governing the location recorded on the ARC to report the comprehensive income tax for the previous year between May 1 and May 31.


For those departing the country in the middle of the year, filing for the current year should be done a week prior to departure.