Taiwan Scholarship Program For South Asian Students (India、Bhutan、 Bangladesh、Sri Lanka、Nepal)
- OIA is not the main institute in charge of the remittance and therefore is not able to predict the exact date of remittance.
- Please refer to the website of Taiwan Scholarship and Huayu Enrichment Scholarship Program for the application information.
- Possess a high school diploma or higher; have performed well at his/her most recent academic institution and be of good moral character.
- Be neither a Taiwanese national nor an overseas Taiwanesecompatriot.
- Have never enrolled in an educational institution in Taiwan for the same level of degree as the current application.
- Not be an exchange student through an academic cooperation agreement between an overseas university/college and an educational institute in Taiwan.
- Have no record of being revoked from a MOE Scholarship program or other government-sponsored scholarship.
- Cannot accept any other R.O.C. government-sponsored scholarships or subsidies concurrently with this scholarship.
* If the recipients fail to pass the grade standard in the first semester, the scholarship will be canceled in March next semester.
* If the recipients fail to pass the grade standard in the second semester, the scholarship will be canceled in September next semester.
* If the recipients fail to pass the grade standard in two consecutive semesters, the scholarship will be revoked.
- OIA does not take charge of this scholarship, please refer to the [related website] to know more application and upgraded information.
* Recipients need to turn in a copy of the last semester's transcripts to OIA at the beginning of each semester to confirm the scholarship eligibility.
* For graduate students who are writing their thesis without taking any courses, please download the Evaluation Form.
Application Time and Organizer
February 1 to March 31 (subject to change).
Organizer: Education Division, Taipei Economic and Cultural Center in India (TECC), No. 34, Paschimi Marg, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi-110057， Tel:+91-11-4141-2416.
Duration of Award
- Ph.D.: 4 years maximum. (48 months)
- Master: 2 years maximum. (24 months)
- Undergraduate: 4 years maximum. (48 months)
*Maximum duration for any combination of programs under this scholarship: 5 years
*February and September are the first months of the semesters; thus the scholarships can only be remitted after the registration procedure.
*The stipend will be remitted at the end of the month, starting from the beginning of the academic year in September.
*January scholarship might be delayed because of the changing of the fiscal year. The schedule of money remitting will be different in February because of the Chinese New Year holiday. Please prepare beforehand.
Amount of Scholarship
- Graduate: A monthly stipend of NT$20,000
- Undergraduate: A monthly stipend of NT$15,000
*Tuition and miscellaneous fees are waived NTD40000/semester (excluding insurance, internet, accommodation fees).